No-Bake Vanilla Protein Cake (post workout recipe)
3 tbsp applesauce
2 tbsp vanilla syrup
3 tbsp milk 2%
1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
2tbsp white flour
3 tbsp pancake mix (plain, dry mix)
1 scoop 100% whey protein powder vanilla
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender (except for the flour, pancake mix, protein powder) until well mixed.
- Add the flour, pancake mix, and protein powder into the blender and mix.
- Add the mixture into a non-stick bowl and microwave for 2 minutes (if its not set at the top, microwave for an additional 10 seconds at a time.)
SPICY MUSTARD CHICKEN
Quick & easy chicken meal prep recipe that you can prepare from items already in your pantry.
Ingredients: (8 servings of 4 oz chicken breasts)
2lb chicken breasts
1/3 cup coarse ground mustard (or dijon)
1/4 cup raw organic honey
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
1.5 teaspoon garlic (minced or paste)
1 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
1 teaspoon cumin
sea salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven (or grill) to 400F.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and mix together.
- In a sealable plastic bag, add the chicken breasts.
- Pour about 1/2 of the marinade in the bag with the chicken and seal it (ensuring all the chicken breasts have been covered in the marinade.)
- Allow the chicken breasts to marinate 15-20 min.
- Place chicken breasts on the grill, or on a prepared baking sheet for the oven and cook for 10 min on one side then flip over. (depending on the size and thickness of your chicken breasts, more or less time may be needed to ensure the chicken is cooked thoroughly)
- Brush the chicken with the remaining marinade and cook on the other side for another 8 to 10 minutes.